From DS and DSi Homebrew Help
Part of the Homebrew Directory
ClIRC IRC client for Nintendo DS
- A clipboard in all dialog boxes. You can even copy from upper screen, holding "L" button.
- Using up to three servers at the same time.
- DCC chat support and file transfer by DCC in both directions (I really don't know what for, but in fact :))
- Storing of logs directly to flash.
- Identification of server answers by numbers. I.e. not an interface only but the great deal of server answers is in English (for non-english servers).
- An alternative mode of nicklist request. Now you can see user's "away" status plus a complete list of his modes on server.
- Flexible settings of colours, highlights, etc.
- The prototype of scripts for advanced users. You can set commands, which will be executed after opening or closing of DS (turn away automatically, for example). You can previously make a list of commands for channels, privates and nick list, where the appropriate variables will be substituted as well. I.e. mIRC popups' analogue :)
- All settings can be changed during a program work - it's no need to bother with ini files.
- Something like multitasking. At the same time you can download several files by DCC, get a list of channels and chat. Practically all tasks are working simultaneously, except the moment of connection.
- Russian in/out and interface (only for Russian version).
See ClIRC videos.
Download and Install Instructions
- Download ClIRC and patch it with DLDI driver of your flash card. If you do not DLDI patch the .nds it will still work but settings will not be saved
- Copy this file to your flash card.
- You can create folders for logs and files at once.
- Run the file ClIRC.nds
- ClIRC will create two files in root directory of your flash card - wificonf.dat (contains settings of an access point connection) and ClIRC.dat (contains the program settings).
Here are buttons which can function in any time:
- Up - scrolls text up (if upper screen contains text)
- Down - scrolls text down (if upper screen contains text)
- Left - allows you to go to a previous window
- Right - allows you to go to next window
- Start - scrolls text down up to the end (if upper screen contains text)
- Select - changes backlight brightness (for DS Lite only)
- L - swaps your screens and allows you to select your text by stylus and copy selected text to a clipboard (if upper screen contains text)
- Closing DS - puts screens off. The program continues work.
Common Problems and Known Issues
- Settings not saved between seession
You have not DLDI patched the .nds file.
- WEP cannot work with some access points (the problem of "dswifi lib"?)
- DHCP cannot work with some access points (the problem of "dswifi lib"?)
- If connection is impossible, the program can delay for a minute, and then an error message appears (the problem of "dswifi lib"?)
- If connection is absent, the program can hang, trying to connect (the problem of "dswifi lib"?)
- Some insignificant graphic glitches
- Confirmed working on AK2i