Part of the Homebrew Directory
SvSIP Application to use VoIP to make phone calls using your DS
- Call in VoIP (Voice Over IP) with SIP protocol
- Receive calling,
- Use DTMF tones
<youtube v="eJMliDSKDGY" />
<youtube v="HKBQJbClluk" /> .
Download and Install Instructions
- Set up your VoIP account (using voipbuster, others are available)
- Install SvSIP
- Download the latest version of SvSIP: svsip-20071126.zip
- Extract the contents of svsip-20071126.zip to your computer
- Copy the 'svsip folder the root of your card
- The .nds files can go anywhere on your card.
- Edit SvSIP's config.txt file
- Open the config.txt file found in the /svsip/ folder in a text editor
- Enter sip.VoipBuster.com in the --domain section
- Enter your VoipBuster username and password in the --username and --password section
- You do not need to edit the --reg-timeout line
- An example config.txt file is listed below
# This is a comment in the config file. # Set domain sip provider (example: freephonie.net) --domain sip.VoipBuster.com # Set authentication username --username VoipBusterUsername # Set authentication password --password VoipBusterPassword # Optional registration interval (default 55) (for freephonie set 1800) --reg-timeout 1800 # Optional microphone volume (default 1.0) --mic-level 3.0
- Launch SvSIP from the icon in the apps menu.
Use the touch pad to dial the full international number
- [A] : call or answer
- [B] : hangup
- [Y] : luminosity
- [start] : switch between console and graphic modes
- [start]+[select] : reboot
- [A]+[B]+[X]+[Y] : power off
Common Problems and Known Issues
- Reports of the caller not being heard using VoIPBuster.  
- Pressing A at the end of a call causes DS to freeze
- Some People will get status disconnected warning
- Some people will get the message:Couldn't Connect wifi arm 9.
- SvSIP freezes on start up.
This can be cuased by and incomplete config file or if SvSip can't find a usable WiFi point.
- Some people may not see the numpad screen.
This may be due to unavailability of the access point, as numpad screen shows up after a successful connection.
- To receive calls to your DS contact your VoIP provider and ask/purchase a virtual number
Other VoIP providers and their settings
freephonie.net —domain freephonie.net —username 095XXXXXXXX —password password —reg-timeout 1800
sipphone.com —domain proxy01.sipphone.com —username username —password password —reg-timeout 1800
voipcheap.com —domain sip.voipcheap.com —username username —password password —reg-timeout 1800
freecall.com —domain sip.voiparound.com —username username —password password —reg-timeout 55
inphonex.com —domain sip.inphonex.com —username 7 digit inphonex number —password password —reg-timeout 300
ippi.fr —domain ippi.fr —username username —password password —reg-timeout 1800
sipgate.de —domain sipgate.de —username username —password password —reg-timeout 600
It is reported that you can use Stroths MagicJack Utilities Suite v1.6 v1.6 v1.6 torrent v1.5 to export your MagicJack SIP settings for use with SvSIP. (source) Use the ProxyName reported by Stroths, with the port ID of :5070.